Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_90_] Bill[_90_] is offline

Default Changing Mower Blades

replying to Mortimer Schnerd, Bill wrote:
Just replaced my John Deere (L110) blades yesterday. My procedu jacked up
rear end to put rear tires on top of 8" (8X16") blocks to allow access to
blades (without having to remove deck). Set brake and blocked two tires to
prevent movement of mower. Using a 15mm socket and a pipe (18" long) I slide
the pipe onto the socket handle. Due to the torque leverage (length of the
pipe) it was easy to remove the bolts (Right-hand threads). Changed both
blades making sure the correct side of the blade (bow side facing ground -
like blades you removed) were installed. Two most important things: safety and
a long pipe for your wrench.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-364646-.htm