Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Extreme clock making (OT?)

On 23/02/18 15:40, Tim+ wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
Sort of OT, but not if you are into the ultimate in clock DIY!
http://longnow.org/clock/

Of all the things going on, I really like the stone-slicing robot which
cut the stairs.

This project has been going for 10 years, but I hadn't heard of it. I
wonder how many other rather strange privately-financed ideas are underway?

I love the long-sightedness of the project. Marvellously pointless and yet
inspiring.

Will eventually be discovered and worshipped by the apes, and then
destroyed by some accidental time travellers, who sent back via a
wormhole a rather harrowing documentary on their plight.

Except everyone else called that a film....

--
Adrian C