Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Locked out -- my own fault

Cut the tube down to size. Get a bigger magnet and cause the key to drop.
Take out the tube and high G slam the end down on a board.

Martin

On 2/13/2018 5:10 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 2/13/2018 3:46 PM, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
OK, so I hid the keys to the camper and they have dropped down inside

the tube I had them attached to with a magnet. Just spent the last three
hours with all manner of hooky things including an Endoscope that
torments with the a clear view of them firmly attached to the bottom of
the tube. {sigh}

Before breaking out the drills to drill out the locks, any

suggestions on how I might learn the key profile after drilling one? I
have six locked thingies all keyed alike and I do not want to have to
buy six new locks.

Thought I'd throw the problem to the collective super-powers of this

group.

Further admonitions beyond my last three hours of self flagellation

will not help, it is time for positive action. Only saving grace is that
I have time on my side as I only need access it for maintenance.

Thanks.

How deep down the tube?Â* Claw grabbers work pretty good if you can reach
it, but of course if you do have one I am sure its in the tool box
inside the lock camper right?