Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JBI JBI is offline

Default Playing a flashdrive thorugh a car radio.

On 02/09/2018 02:35 AM, micky wrote:
I have a flashdrive (thumb drive) that I use to play MP3 files with
music or podcasts, in the car, either by plugging straight into the car
radio, or with a $15 gizmo that plugs into the cigarette lighter and
broadasts in FM to the radio.

1) If I turn off the radio or gizmo or unplug the flashdrive, it starts
up again either (where I left off or iirc much more likely) at the start
of the song or segment I was playing when I stopped the previous time.

Just out of curiosity, what is the brand/ model of the device? Been
looking and hoping there'd be something out like this for a while. Does
it auto scan FM stations or do you have to find a clear one manually?
Also, how's the music sound over the FM?

In ones I tried years past, they either drifted too much away from the
frequency to be useful, or seriously lacked audio response with the
effect that the music sounded poor. Maybe they've been improved since
then.