Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default First Smart Meter Tarrif to Benefit Customer?

Max Demian wrote:

On 24/02/2018 15:08, Robin wrote:
On 24/02/2018 12:54, Tim Watts wrote:
On 24/02/18 03:04, M2T wrote:

Once you've got Smart Meter, you're stuffed with being stuck with the
supplier who installed it. Unlike mechanical meters, they are
frequently linked to one company. Sign up for a bargain now, get screwed
next year.

That's not necessarily true - what I though happens is you can move
supplier, but you have to just read the meter normally with the next
supplier, because their tech doesn't talk to the other supplier's meter.

Or not. We've had smart meters work as smart meters with 3 different
suppliers over 5+ years.

And I've had the Henley block and spare tails ready to cut the seals and
bypass the leccy meter (and argue my case later) should it fail to work
at all and not be fixed smartly

Henley block? Is that anything like Henle's loop?

Or, indeed, Henley regatta?

--

Roger Hayter