Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
pamela wrote:
On 23:47 23 Feb 2018, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
pamela wrote:
Pamela seems to be on a one person crusade. To drive down the
pay of everyone from lecturers to train drivers.

That's correct. Too many parts of the public sector and
overstaffed, overpaid and provide poor service.

Meaning the private sector is flawless?

Perhaps you haven't realised we pay for that too.

Rant mode on.

The private sector is far from flawless but it's not set up as a
public service. In my experience, as a ruleworkers in the private
sector work longer hours and more diligently while complaining less.

If you are only dealing with your experience, how do you justify
translating that to the entire public service? Unless you've had an awful
lot of jobs.

Take the lecturers currently on strike. I used to do that work and
I know from discussion with colleagues and staffroom chat at the
time that they're a bunch of moaners who don't know a good thing
when they have it.

Again, your experience of one uni or whatever applies to them all?

I didn't like the profession and left. If they don't like it then
they should leave. Problem is, too many of them are so useless they
wouldn't find a job in the private sector they keep comparing
htemsleevs too

Making yourself rather unique?

I'm not sure what you mean that you pay for the private sector.
However I can say private firms are collapsing every day for failing
to meet market needs at a cost the market will pay.

You cannot compare say a uni or school to the private sector.

The public sector is largely unaccountable to the public. It was a
talking point when John Major introduced the notion that hitherto
faceless civil servants give their name when asked. Immediately
exceptions were found if the safety of the individual may be at risk
which quickly got extended to almost every civil servant who was
behaving in their usual uncooperative, obstructive and high handed
way that might have merited a punch on the nose.

You've certainly got a bee in your bonnet. ;-)

Rant mode off.

--
*The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.