Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Screwdriver bits

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
I just twisted a torx bit into a spiral trying to remove a rusted screw,
then used a Dremel to cut a slot across the top and took it out with a
flat screwdriver. The screwdriver didn't bend at all.

None of the bits I ever saw are made of hardened steel like a
single-piece screwdriver. Does anybody make harder bits?

Proto and Mac do, I think PB Baumann does also. They aren't cheap, but
they work. We use the Proto ones.

In addition you may want to invest in some Kroil or PB Blaster, and
maybe a small torch....
--scott