Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Speaking Of Trim Work...How To Remove?

On 2/23/2018 5:43 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 21:41:41 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/21/2018 9:00 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Well, it is made of wood so...

I need to remove about 12' of 3 1/4" shoe base moulding. (It's pretty beat
up and I don't feel like stripping/filling it.) The problem is that the
bottom 1/4"+ is behind the luan/linoleum so it has to come up then out.

I did a 3' section by cutting the nails with my multi-function tool but I'm
wondering if there is an easier way. Getting to the bottom nails was more
poke-and-hope than I'd like. I guess I could rip the shoe base in half
(with the MF tool) to make it easier to get to the bottom nails.

Obviously, I can get this done, but I'm open to suggestions from the
wisdom of the wRec. This might be fun. ;-)

With all of these detailed solutions,,,,,, I'm surprised some one has
not yet mentioned to remove the house, but leave the molding. Reminds
me of the old automotive cure for a broken down vehicle. Jack up the
radiator cap and drive a new car underneath. :~)

A while back "head transplants" were in the news. Wouldn't they have
more properly been called "body transplants"? After the surgery, who
is the patient?

You know I remember asking that same question. Would you be getting a
new body or a new head?