Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Furnace brands to avoid?

On 2/23/2018 8:44 PM, Tim Dale wrote:
replying to m Ransley, Tim Dale wrote:
Fly by night contractors install Goodman more than any other brand because
they can easily buy the equipment for a good price.Â* It's not the
equipment,
it's the contractor who installed the equipment.

Twelve years later it still is asked. here is a real life situation.
I'm vacationing in Florida for a coupel of weeks. My Son-in-law is the
maintenance manger for two apartment complexes bot about 3 years old,
both have 400 units. One is all Goodman. The other is all Trane.

The Goodman building had tenants call between 8 and 18 times every day
for AC problems. The Trane building had no calls. Now there wre a few
calls that were tenant stupidity, but most were actual failures.

Enjoy your Goodman, but I'll go with Trane or Carrier. I'm looking at
buyina hose here and they use Trane for reliability and lack of customer
call backs.