Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Country lanes - no curbs

In message , "dennis@home"
writes
On 23/02/2018 14:07, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , T i m
writes
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:17:07 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

snip

I made and have not made any judgment on anyone buying a 'bigger
vehicle' so anyone jumping on me is potentially doing so because of
guilt or misunderstanding?

I wasn't aware people had to justify their choice of vehicle to anyone,
let alone you.

Where have I even tried to do that? Sounds like some sort of guilt
complex with you and yer 1.7 tonne SUV? ;-)

I must say, driving an ancient hilux after the Top Gear incident
generated an undeserved level of road respect:-)

Well the new ones only get a three star rating in the crash tests.
The old ones must be really bad.

Having looked at the crash tests I wonder why the curtain bags go off
in a frontal impact.

They do get more stars if you have the active safety systems as you are
less likely to test the actual crash systems.
I did notice the system avoided an adult pedestrian but killed a child
so don't be too short.

I have no plans to replace it! Underpowered, heavy on fuel and subject
to wheel balance issues. Handy for 8 x 4 sheets and 1 ton payload
though.

--
Tim Lamb