Posted to alt.home.repair

Default compressor shot

On 02/22/2018 06:10 PM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Sounds high to me. How many tons? New lines or reuse the old? Permits included? You can buy that eqpt, 3 ton for under $2k. And how old is the furnace? That costs under $2k too and some of the labor is the same, if it's 15+ old and/or lower efficiency, I'd consider a whole system. And if it were me, I'd pay a little more more for a two stage ac, it's great for days when you just want to drop the humidity or cool it off a little.

I got my system replaced about 4 years ago for a little over $7000.
3-ton A/C, new lineset, gas furnace, and thermostat. both A/C and
furnace are 2 stage.

BTW, the new furnace has a small fan in the exhaust.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It is not disbelief that is dangerous to our society; it is belief."
[George Bernard Shaw]