Posted to rec.woodworking
G Ross[_2_] G Ross[_2_] is offline

Default speaking of batteries

pyotr filipivich wrote:
Speaking of batteries

How does one go about testing to see if a second hand set of Ryobi
18v batteries are still "good"?
These are the green ones, I am not sure right now what type they
are (Lithium Ion, Ni-Cad, Auto-Cad, Alkaline, or Iron-Pyrite) but I am
not sure if they need replacing or not. I got them, and the charger,
and three tools at a thrift shop. "Guarenanteed not to rip, rot, rust
bust or throw dust - thirty feet or thirty seconds provided the
customer does not fool with them." {"Did you charge the batteries?"
Of course I charged the batteries!
"I told you not to fool with them!"

(OTOH, could be that I was over expecting how much use I could get
of a pair in the circ-saw cutting oak pallets.)

But anyway, testing procedures for batteries?

Or just bite the wax tadpole and get replacements?

tschus
pyotr

One way to tell the type is the way they run down. NiCads get slower
and slower, Lithium Ion get minimally slower just before they shut
down. My 18V Ryobis state right on the back P-104 Li Ion or P-108 Li
Ion.

--
G Ross