Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AliExpress experience?

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
news
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

It's time for all of us to upgrade to LIPO (or better), huh? LA is
just not worth the effort and hassle. But 14kW goes for $6200
installed. I hope that price drops dramatically when the Giga
Factory
opens and gets up to speed, or when new tech hits the markets. My
single kilowatt will likely not be enough to satiate it, though.

Flooded lead-acid easily beats everything else for initial cost per
KWH and if treated right competes well on lifespan. I don't see the
life from older Li laptop batteries that I can get from LAs.

http://solarray.com/TechGuides/Batteries_T.php
"Anywhere where weight is an issue, Li+ may be the best choice, but
for stationary solar systems, they are still about double the total
cost per kWh of lead acid batteries like the HUP Solar One."