Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default flueless gas fire

On 23/02/2018 07:38, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Dave" m wrote in message
replying to Brian Gaff, Dave wrote:
I know its an old post, but saw this as I was browsing.
Complete combustion of a molecule of CH4 (gas) + 2 O2 (Amount of oxygen
needed
in air) = CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) + 2 H20 (water). Incomplete combustion is a
reduction of oxygen on the first side of equation, which then has less to
transfer to the other side, producing CO (carbon monoxide), instead of
CO2.

I love my flueless gas fire ......almost 100% efficient ......

Except you will lose the latent heat of the water vapour, unless it gets
so humid it condenses and runs down the walls.

--
Max Demian