Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Water Leak - Good Result !

One answer may be to add a new stop tap on the copper side of the old
one. Where space is limited I've seen some inelegant pipework.

This does of course assume you have access to an external stopcock that
can be used without upsetting neighbours.

[top posted for Brian]

On 23/02/2018 09:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
I just wish somebody would invent the jam proof stop cock that is unaffected
by the hard water in London. I tried to turn thepressure down about a week
ago, but the damned tap in the cupboard under the stairs is jammed again.
Since its attached to a lead pipe and has no mounting brackets, I'm loathe
to use a couple of mole grips on it in case I end up in the situation loved
by comedy writers with water everywhere.
Brian

--
Robin