Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Country lanes - no curbs

I thought he was talking about tractors when he said that.
I doubt if he has one.
He was wrong anyway as they tend to be like JCBs and lack suspension so
they bounce about and skip when braking on uneven surfaces like rural roads.

The modern ones have independent suspension and are designed to be
equally at home pulling 30T trailers at 45mph+ on roads as in fields.
How small hill farmers get conned into buying them I don't know, but
they seem to be de rigeur nowadays. Still not ideal down a 1 in 3 hill
with a heavy trailer and braking from 30mph, as our neighbour recently
found out.

So few roads in this country are 1 in 3 that coupled with the fact that you
would have to be an idiot to go down one with a heavy trailer at 30 mph
that it looks like you have destroyed your point by exaggeration.

GH