Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Hole for rotary airer clothes drier.

In message , PeterC
writes
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 23:31:22 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

On 21/02/2018 10:43, Graeme wrote:
In message , Michael Chare
writes

How would I get the swarf out of the hole?

I have found a hose usually works.* When the water overflows, most of
the mud and general detritus comes with it.* There is then a delay
whilst the water in the hole drains away.

Thank you. That might be easier to try.

When I put mine in I used the Postcrete sort of stuff. I found that the
flimsy plastic tube supplied was a nice fit in 0mm waste pipe, so put in a
decent length.
The hole didn't drain as it was solid at the bottom, but a lump hammer and
chisel fixed that.
As I always put the line in the shed I needed to plug the hole. A plastic
back-nut from a tap, with a 'kept because it might be useful' plastic cap in
it, does that job and is low and tight enough to mow over.

No help to the OP but for the brief interval my wife tried a rotary
clothes line, I hammered a short length of scaffold pole into the lawn.

Tumble drier has reigned ever since!

--
Tim Lamb