Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Country lanes - no curbs

On 21/02/18 09:08, Roger Hayter wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/02/18 22:11, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:

On 19/02/2018 20:12, Tim Lamb wrote:
Also, they are frightened of scratching the paint so drive well
clear of
any hedge.

Quite right.Â* I would like a law to stop land owners having trees etc
within a couple of feet or a roads edge.

On the contrary, anything that discourages people from driving
considerably faster than the speed that would allow them to stop in
the
distance they can see is an excellent thing.Â* I just hope they hit an
oil tanker round the blind bends rather than mow me down when I'm
walking.

Which side of the road do you walk on?

Todger is full of all the pre programmed social myths like 'stopping in
the distance they can see'.

Which fails if

- someone is caoming in the other durection at the same speed, in which
case you need to stop in half the distance you can see.

Of course, I was keeping it simple for those who habitually drive
considerably too fast.Â*Â* The worst problems are on roads that are
variable in width where people hope with a bit of luck they might get
past someone.Â* Many tend to be a bit more sensible on very narrow roads.

- a deer leaps out of a hedge 3 feet on front of you.

Or a sheep hidden in the hedge thinks it best to return to its own side
when it sees you coming.

He has obviously never driven in the country.Â* Safe driving is a lot
slower than that.

Agreed.Â* The point at which I visibly irritate tractor drivers behind me
is probably about right.

Because they can see over the hedges and you cant?

Yes. You are a crap driver

Yet again TNP proves he is an idiot.