Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
ultred ragnusen ultred ragnusen is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

Xeno wrote:

I'd be putting money on you being the cause of that little faux pas!

Maybe. I've done the brakes on this German care before, but where I hang
the calipers on a special hook designed to take the stress off the brake
lines.

The one great thing about doing all your own work is you know that
mechanics screw up left and right but don't tell you, so, I know that a
mechanic didn't do this because my cars, all around twice the average that
people keep cars, have never been to a mechanic.

It's nice though to try those redneck methods, where it would be safer if I
had a motor with a faceplate that I could bolt the rotor to, so that I
could grind or sand down the surface at home with some semblance of
evenness.