Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rigid 18V Nail Gun - Battery Question

On 2/21/2018 10:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 10:46:18 PM UTC-5, Leon Bridges wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
I need to trim out a few windows and install some base molding. I found a
Certified Factory Reconditioned Ridgid ZRR09890B HYPERDRIVE 18-Volt
18-Gauge 2-1/8 in. Brushless Brad Nailer for $159.

Assuming that I can get away with an 18g nailer, I want to make sure that
my Rigid batteries will work. I have the batteries shown here, which are
rated at 1.5Ah:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...052K/205690161

Those batteries will work right? They may not last long, but I have 2 and
I'm not going pro with this tool.

I open to suggestions for other nailer options, but I'm not looking to drop
hundreds on a tool that will see very little use. I have crappy 100PSI
compressor, but nothing more than the curly hose that came with it.

Thoughts?

100 psi is likely plenty for a HF finish nailer an a whole lot less
expensive. I would go that route.

A HF nailer might go well with my HF compressor. ;-)

They have a 3-in-1 16g/18g/18g staple for $90. Might be worth a try for
this job. Easily returnable if it sucks. Plus it features "Economical air
consumption".

(I need to use long nails. My walls are 3/4" thick. 3/8" plaster over 3/8"
gypsum board) The original nails for the window trim were 2.5" where they
nailed the edge that overlaps the plaster)

I assume 3 in 1 means that it shoots nails also. You don't want to use
staples given the size of divot they make that would need to be puttied
over.