Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Country lanes - no curbs

On Thursday, 22 February 2018 12:46:52 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:40:49 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

snip

I made and have not made any judgment on anyone buying a 'bigger
vehicle' so anyone jumping on me is potentially doing so because of
guilt or misunderstanding?

some 20 years ago, a cartoon in the Telegraph had the following words: we
want our child to have plenty of space, security & plenty of fresh air. So
wev'e bought a large 4x4 with central locking and air conditioning.

Sounds about right. ;-)

This whole 'bigger is safer' is similar to the 'loud pips save lives'
some of the bikers use, carrying a bigger knife than the next guy, or
an automatic rifle instead of a pistol.

It's all escalation that rarely has a happy ending, especially for the
guy with a small knife. ;-(

Yep in the end size does matter ;-)

Anyway perhaps we should support trumps idea, although he only wants teachers to have guns, what about us technicains, but personally I'd prefer my own nuclear deterrent, obviously I'd only use it if theatened and as a last result in self defence or the defence of others, but if I find the student that destroyed my dremel 3000 yesterday !!!!!!!

Cheers, T i m