Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Country lanes - no curbs

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:40:49 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

snip

I made and have not made any judgment on anyone buying a 'bigger
vehicle' so anyone jumping on me is potentially doing so because of
guilt or misunderstanding?

some 20 years ago, a cartoon in the Telegraph had the following words: we
want our child to have plenty of space, security & plenty of fresh air. So
wev'e bought a large 4x4 with central locking and air conditioning.

Sounds about right. ;-)

This whole 'bigger is safer' is similar to the 'loud pips save lives'
some of the bikers use, carrying a bigger knife than the next guy, or
an automatic rifle instead of a pistol.

It's all escalation that rarely has a happy ending, especially for the
guy with a small knife. ;-(

Cheers, T i m