Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Country lanes - no curbs

On Wednesday, 21 February 2018 20:48:28 UTC, Brian Reay wrote:
On 21/02/2018 12:23, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , "dennis@home" wrote:

On 20/02/2018 22:55, Tim Streater wrote:

Glad to hear that - a sensible approach. I live in dread that some
pedestrian on one of the local lanes will have just read the admonition
in the Highway Code about walking facing the traffic, and I'll meet
them going round a left hand bend. Most of the roads round here are
unsafe for pedestrians.

You mean the drivers around there are unsafe for pedestrians!

You unable to read?

We were walking in Battle today, a little after lunch time.
The we were on the pavement, the road was quite wide and busy. I'm not
sure what the limit was, probably 30mph. The road was certainly busy
enough and the traffic moving so freely that, had I wished to cross, I'd
have looked for a crossing or, as min, somewhere with an central
'island' etc.

Unfortunately, not everyone shows such caution. A woman of, perhaps
30-40 decided to try and run across the road. She 'made it' but only
because a car had better brakes/the driver had better reactions than her
running ability. She blamed the driver, at least judging by her shouts.

Who would you blame?

Brexit.