Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Country lanes - no curbs

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 22/02/2018 00:02, Mark wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:

On 21/02/2018 12:23, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , "dennis@home" wrote:

You mean the drivers around there are unsafe for pedestrians!

You unable to read?

We were walking in Battle today, a little after lunch time.
The we were on the pavement, the road was quite wide and busy. I'm not
sure what the limit was, probably 30mph. The road was certainly busy
enough and the traffic moving so freely that, had I wished to cross, I'd
have looked for a crossing or, as min, somewhere with an central
'island' etc.

Unfortunately, not everyone shows such caution. A woman of, perhaps
30-40 decided to try and run across the road. She 'made it' but only
because a car had better brakes/the driver had better reactions than her
running ability. She blamed the driver, at least judging by her shouts.

Who would you blame?

In Battle where? Hight Street, beginning of north trade road?
people and school kids are always crossing those roads so 30mph is too
fast
having said that the is always the exception of the clot that steps out
from behind a parked car in the high street

Not sure of the road name- main road running through Battle, I think there
was a supermarket tucked away behind on one side. There was a modernish
development with a French road name which we thought was a bit funny.
We'd had lunch in the place opposite the Abbey (been there a few times-
very good) and were having a walk.

Nice place, I've been that way a few times in the last year or so. Powder
Mills do very good lunches.

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Powderm...ance&lang=just the kind of place you would like...tee hee