Posted to alt.home.repair
Congoleum Breckenridge Congoleum Breckenridge is offline

Default Alternate to soldering copper pipe

On 2/21/2018 6:42 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 03:55:16 -0600, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 20:50:11 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

And stay together when you need it to. I used "just for copper" once
- never again. And it WILL release with (a lot of) heat.
I found my soldered joints leak less -

How long do you have to wait for that stuff to dry before you can turn
on the water? I never used it. With solder, by the time you walk to the
water shutoff, the solder is hard. I did sort of think heat would
release any epoxy, but I bet it would not be possible to solder to
either the pipe or the fitting, because that epoxy would be near
impossible to remove entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HX6ahDqoY4