Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Rigid 18V Nail Gun - Battery Question

On 2/21/18 8:17 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I need to trim out a few windows and install some base molding. I
found a Certified Factory Reconditioned Ridgid ZRR09890B HYPERDRIVE
18-Volt 18-Gauge 2-1/8 in. Brushless Brad Nailer for $159.

Assuming that I can get away with an 18g nailer, I want to make sure
that my Rigid batteries will work. I have the batteries shown here,
which are rated at 1.5Ah:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...052K/205690161

Those batteries will work right? They may not last long, but I have
2 and I'm not going pro with this tool.

I open to suggestions for other nailer options, but I'm not looking
to drop hundreds on a tool that will see very little use. I have
crappy 100PSI compressor, but nothing more than the curly hose that
came with it.

Thoughts?

I have the same Ridgid batteries for several drill/drivers and I
recently bought their battery brad nailer on a whim for a quick job in a
restaurant in which the owner didn't want a compressor running or a long
air hose in the place.

It worked with my batteries (all Ridgid battery tools and batts are
compatible) and I was very pleased with the cordless brad nailer. I'm
keeping it because I get many jobs where I only need to pull and replace
a few feet of trim and it's a real PITA to lug the compressor and hoses
up and down stairs to shoot a half-dozen nails.

The Ridgid nailer works very well and I wish I'd gotten one years ago.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--