Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] rickwb4@gmail.com is offline

Default does all wood darken?

On Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 10:48:52 AM UTC-5, dustyone wrote:
Hello all,

Question:

Does all wood darken with age? Cherry, of course, is an example of
such a species. Do other woods behave in the same way? One would
think that most color would fade with exposure to light, and that
cherry is an anomaly.

Curt Blood
Hartford, CT

I want to buy a beautiful Queen Anne table that the owner says is cherry. I leaf is clearly darker, presumably because it was stored. I was hoping to put it in the sun to let it lighten up so it will match. Any thoughts on what I can do to get it to lighten up?