Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Did extension cable

On 20/02/2018 22:29, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

Get 6m of 1.5mm^2 flex and use a 3A fuse in the plug. Mark the
extension with a label (to remind yourself) saying "maximum 500W" and

1.5mm^2 is rated to over 13A.

The OP describes a semi-permanent installation some of which is likely
to be switched on all the time which is going to use less than 1A.
What is not to like about protecting it from currents higher than 3A
under fault conditions where it could overheat?

It would also be bad practice to use the semi-permanent extension for
other appliances and a little note on the sockets to that effect, and
the current limit, would be good.

too many errors.

Name one!

Well I would use a 5A fuse. But that is not an error just my difference
of opinion.

Or is it because I have run out of 3A fuses:-)?

--
Adam