Rein

Default gas water heater, noise and leaks

I have a gas water heater, about 5 years old.
When heating up it makes some pretty bad banging noises, almost as if
a rock is bouncing around in it.
I've been pretty good with flushing it and I hardly see any sediment
come out when I do. ( I open the valve and water runs out, good
enough, right ?)
What can it be ?

also, every time I flush it, the darn valve keeps dripping water out.
Replaced it once with a new one form hd (it's plastic) but now it does
it again... why ? Guess I need to replace it again ?