Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 16:59:01 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Don't be silly. Not much use having a skip several streets away. The
same resident's parking zone here extends for about a mile.

Same here I assume and the skip doesn't have rights to be put anywhere.
The idea is to have it outside as close as possible to where you want it
but you can't designate a spot for it, and this is why people put out
cones and wheelie bins in the road but you don;t own the road so don;t
really have that right to 'own' that spot or any other on a public road.

The council have the right - as regards residential roads. And I'd guess
skip licenses etc are a nice little earner.

I doubt it's a greater earner than parking fines.

The council, after all, are the ones who put resident's parking in force
and made them pay for the privilege of parking where once you could for
free.

So.

When I first moved here, it was a very busy street. With a hospital A&E
entrance just up the road. So you had to park where you could. A neighbour
across the road put dustbins outside my house to reserve a space - without
telling me. So I was very pleased to park there on returning from work. It
was a very odd family. ;-)

Sound s like a street of very odd people ;-)
See even though you pay yuor council tax road tax and other taxes I assume you dom that does NOT give you the right to park outside your own home.