Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Much the same as piece work which was once the fashion.

Seasonal farm workers are often paid piece work and not seen any article
that calls piecework as an "expensive useless exercise". Can you provide
evidence or cite an article?

Paying a fruit picker by the weight they gather may be one form of
piecework, but not quite the same as paying someone for the number of
widgets they assemble. Where care taken in assembly might be more
important than the numbers produced. No two people are the same, and the
speed they can do a task efficiently may vary day by day too. But trying
to treat humans as machines is good Tory practice...

Basically the idea of theorists with no real experience of working those
conditions. And certainly no true figures to prove their theories work.

Many articles exist some quote findings from studies:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...isky-behaviour

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpo...public-sector/

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...F_Nov_2014.pdf

While there are pockets of positivity with PRP, the overall picture is
negative.

Quite. I'd say it would cause resentment in the vast majority who by
nature are average. And resentment doesn't make for a good worker.

--
*I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.