Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17532 Ignoramus17532 is offline

Default Rosie the riveter's lathe?

On 2018-02-20, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:24:51 -0600, Ignoramus19723

On 2018-02-20, Ignoramus19723 wrote:
My opinion is that it is a slotter and the machine is set up for
making a gear. as there ar no chips around, it does not depict a
production situation, maybe a photo op of a nice looking female next to
a slotter.

and here it is, a Pratt and Whitney vertical slotter that looks very
similar to Rosie's machine.

https://www.surplusrecord.com/cgi-bin/adpop.pl?005901

Look at picture No. 3:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Images 3, 5, and 7 are for a different machine than the rest. These
show 3 controls on the front while all the rest have only one.
I think you nailed it, though.

It was a mix of unrelated pictures, it seems, only this picture is the
correct one:

https://www.surplusrecord.com/listphotos/005901b.jpg

Is "slotter" one brand's name for "shaper"?

not sure

BTW, when did you start top-posting? I noticed it yesterday.

I often do it