Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Country lanes - no curbs

Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:

On 19/02/2018 20:12, Tim Lamb wrote:

Also, they are frightened of scratching the paint so drive well
clear of any hedge.

Quite right. I would like a law to stop land owners having trees etc
within a couple of feet or a roads edge.

On the contrary, anything that discourages people from driving
considerably faster than the speed that would allow them to stop in the
distance they can see is an excellent thing. I just hope they hit an
oil tanker round the blind bends rather than mow me down when I'm
walking.

Which side of the road do you walk on?

Don't forget the context of this thread is single track roads.
Generally both sides with the dogs, but erring to the outside of bends.
This is a bit difficult to define with multiple bends though.

:-)

Glad to hear that - a sensible approach. I live in dread that some
pedestrian on one of the local lanes will have just read the admonition
in the Highway Code about walking facing the traffic, and I'll meet
them going round a left hand bend. Most of the roads round here are
unsafe for pedestrians.

In Cambridge, of course, it was **** cyclists jumping red lights.

No, sorry, the road is perfectly safe for pedestrians. It is the
behaviour of car drivers that is unsafe for pedestrians. Round here,
where we only have one car every ten to thirty minutes they do tend to
be a bit more reasonable than in the home counties, though.

--

Roger Hayter