Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Question about Electic Motors

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus
In article ,
Johnny B Good wrote:
I'm not quite sure of the actual sequence. With twin capstan drive, the
speed the pinch rollers came in might be a problem to match. But the
motors were sync'd so I'd guess the solenoids came in first then the
motors ran.

I'd assumed contra rotating capstans for a reversomatic bi-directional
system rather than trying to maintain tape tension between two capstans
across the heads.

No. The idea was to get the very best tape contact to the heads. And
miniumum weave and flutter etc. A very clever design.

Both capstans were direct drive. And I assume clever electronics to
maintain the correct tape tension.

It was a pro 1/4".

Which make and model was that Dave?....

Klark Teknik, in the late 70s. I've a feeling it caused them financial
problems then - but think they are still around.

--
*Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.