Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did extension cable

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 20/02/2018 11:31, wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 10:05:01 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
yamman m wrote:

Hi guys I'm needing an extension lead as my old 1 from years back is lookin
tired and old. I have plenty 1.5mm & 2.5mm grey twin & earth left over from
previous property. We are in a rented property for next 8 months hence don't
want permanent fixtures. I'm needing a 5 metre long extension to power max 4
devices namely 2x 55w flo lights. 1x 17w lizards heat mat and 50w cage feeder.
I plan on using new 13 amp fused plug on the 2.5mm cable and a new 4 way
extension socket on the other end. Any opinions on this been
safe,ok,unsafe,dangerous? thanks for help and advice

Non-expert diy view from me. Don't use the solid wire cable, as it is
not designed for flexible use,

+1

+2 buy some 1.5mm flex

Last time I looked you can generally buy a ready made extension lead for
less than the sum of the parts from a wholesaler. And a lot less than from
a shed.

--
*It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.