Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Multi Tool suitability for electrical back box installation

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Vortex13 wrote:

I will however obtain a so-called "carbide" cutter

I've never seen one.

There are various carbide and diamond blades, e.g.

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=carbide

http://www.antlerblades.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=diamond

Fine for a bit of tile shaping, but still not for chopping out half a
brick.

Yes- that's the sort of thing I've got here. But would be painfully slow
cutting brick and would soon overheat. Not sure they'd cut deep enough
either.

Yup, not mass demolition or excavation tools, but they are great for
cutting holes through hard stuff like tiles, glass, cast iron etc. e.g:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ve_(retrofi t)

--
Cheers,

John.