Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Smart meter and meter reader this AM

OK they do say they reserve the right to check it, but what can a meter
reader do other than read the display of what they must have been able to
get by their link unless there is a major bug we do not know about.
Maybe its been hacked for bit coin processing.. grin.
Luckily I still have a dumb meter and still need a reader to come.

I'm sure any day now one will turn up when I'm out leave a written card and
they will dd my account for too much money even though I'm on the priority
client list to be contacted by email should they need to come by.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
I have had a smart meter for yoncs, which I know is feeding regular
readings back to base, but this morning had a meter reader appear at the
door. The last reading the received was just the Sunday past. Am I missing
something, I thought the SM's were supposed to obviate the need for the
readers to go round?