Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Multi Tool suitability for electrical back box installation

On 20/02/2018 16:48, alan_m wrote:
On 20/02/2018 09:19, John Rumm wrote:

screws. If there is too much "irregularity", then mix up so
(preferably old) bonding plaster, slap it in the back of the hole, and
bed the box into it.

A trick I learnt some time back. Old plaster is no good for plastering
but it goes off in minutes so if you mix it quickly in an recycled
yogurt pot apply it to the back of the hole and then bed in the back-box
it will remain firmly in place within 5 minutes.

However it's not worth keeping your left over half sack of plaster just
in case it comes useful in the year to come.

I think last time I had a half sack of bonding spare, I filled a spare
10L container with a snap on lid... ideal for such uses now.

--
Cheers,

John.