Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
well I don't blame him for having thoughts, I too think tube drivers
earn more than the job is worth but knowing someone in HR the weekely
wage seems a bit vague for shift work and is difficult to work out as
how do you account for a 9-10 week. It's like trying to work out if
academics/lecturers are worth the money when it's said they only need 20
contact hours per week and are paid 6 or 7 days in a week.

You could, of course, pay them a much lower flat rate. Then give
allowances for late and early starts, weekend and bank holiday working and
so on. Keep a pile of clerks in work.

I just know driving a tube is about the last thing I'd choose as a career,
no matter what the pay. A train would be different.

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.