Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Smart meter and meter reader this AM

On 20/02/2018 17:34, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 17:14:55 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

I have had a smart meter for yoncs, which I know is feeding regular
readings back to base, but this morning had a meter reader appear at
the door. The last reading the received was just the Sunday past. Am I
missing something, I thought the SM's were supposed to obviate the need
for the readers to go round?

I thought they did a visit once a year just to make sure it was all
working properly and transmitting the right readings.

Ofgem repealed in 2016 the obligation to (try to) check every meter
every 2 years. They reckoned other safety/security obligations were
sufficient these days. We've had only one look at the indoor smart
meter - and none for the past 5 years.

--
Robin