Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
bus driver, coach driver - neither of which get a salary
significantly above NMW.

Both of which need more skill than a tube driver.

But significantly less boring. The real reason it isn't easy to get
and
keep tube drivers.

That'll be why they are continually briefing against the introduction
of
automated trains then

There have been several surveys asking the tube users if they want
driverless trains. And the answer is always a decisive no.

and why is that then?

I'd guess they feel safer/more secure about having a human driving.

You misunderstand

the "they" I was referring to is the Drivers Union

(I thought that was obvious, the MITS has no means to "brief" for something)

tim