Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WRF is non-adult social care?

On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 13:54:44 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 19 February 2018 18:41:51 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
A tradesman's permit can allow the space outside the house being worked on
to be reserves for him. Think skips, etc.

You don;t have a legal right to reserve any space even one outside
yuor home, my dad tried that years ago puttign out a wheelie bin so
a trademan could deliver some paving slabs, but you DO NOT have the
right to reserve a parking space for ANYONE else not even yourself.

That's why you need a special permit for tradesmen, etc. From the
council. Who do have the rights.

And that relates to a parking zone NOT a persons adresss.

Don't be silly. Not much use having a skip several streets away. The same
resident's parking zone here extends for about a mile.

Same here I assume and the skip doesn't have rights to be put anywhere. The idea is to have it outside as close as possible to where you want it but you can't designate a spot for it, and this is why people put out cones and wheelie bins in the road but you don;t own the road so don;t really have that right to 'own' that spot or any other on a public road.