Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default How to tell "Cutting Oil" from "Lubricating Oil"

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 06:09:59 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

AFAIK, I've never broken a bone (knock
on wood) and hope I never do. I've had two cracked bones (12th rib
and outer metatarsal, neither visible on x-ray)

2 or three broken toes , broken wrist, and 2 crushed fingers. The
wide one was bone meal, the one beside it was in 3 or 4 pieces from
the last joint to the tip. Thankfully both joints still work, and
surprisingly they are NOT the ones curling from arthritis.

The first time I broke the wrist I didn't know it was broken (small
bone, - I think it was the capitate?) but it hurt like hell. When I
broke it again they x-rayed and said it was previously broken - which
means I didn't get workman's compensation for the "work related"
injury because the first break was not work related - - -