Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cloud cuckoo land.

On Monday, 19 February 2018 18:31:46 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
But significantly less boring. The real reason it isn't easy to get and
keep tube drivers. Most would be fed up of it after a few days.

What makes you think that lots of kids (male) have wanted to be train
drivers.

You don't understand the difference between a train and tube?

I'll give you a clue. The fact it's called the tube.

Yep and as a kid I wanted to be a tube driver rather than a train driver was one of my first memeories standing watching tube trains run under a bridge.
When I experineced this IIRC dreamland margate the 'steam/smoke/ hurt my eyes as I stood on the bridge, so while liking steam trains. I never wanted to drive one except the one casey jones drove in that americain series I remmeber watching on the TV.