Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did extension cable

In article ,
yamman m wrote:
Hi guys I'm needing an extension lead as my old 1 from years back is
lookin tired and old. I have plenty 1.5mm & 2.5mm grey twin & earth left
over from previous property. We are in a rented property for next 8
months hence don't want permanent fixtures. I'm needing a 5 metre long
extension to power max 4 devices namely 2x 55w flo lights. 1x 17w
lizards heat mat and 50w cage feeder. I plan on using new 13 amp fused
plug on the 2.5mm cable and a new 4 way extension socket on the other
end. Any opinions on this been safe,ok,unsafe,dangerous? thanks for help
and advice

TW&E is for permanent installations. An extension lead needs flexible
cable - not single core stuff like TW&E.

--
*Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.