Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
ultred ragnusen ultred ragnusen is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

wrote:

Back in the '60s Harbor Freight and Chinese stuff was well in the
future. Real tools cost real money. The cellar had a door through a
poured concrete wall that was sturdy.

heh heh ..., I remember those red cellar doors, at an angle to the house,
from ground level to about two feet, with the lock on the inside that was
always making that scraping sound that chills your spine, and then those
solid concrete steps down. Yup. I haven't seen them in years either.

I don't know when HF came into existence, but thank God they did, as, well,
for about $150 or $200, you get all the tools you need for changing and
statically balancing tires that you don't already have, which means they
pay for themselves in just about 10 tire changes, which, for me, is only a
year or two (what with 4 cars to maintain).

The one thing I WISH HF had was a smoke machine, as those bimmers sure do
find funny places to leak air!