Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On 02/19/2018 10:03 PM, ultred ragnusen wrote:
Still, none of us are complaining that the rope plugs don't work, so it's
surprising that no professionals will dare to use the method we all swear
by.

Can you say 'lawyer'? I've spent some time in southern AZ close to the
border. It's refreshing to deal with Mexican mechanics. They still use a
bit of ingenuity.

The drywall screw removed it still usable too!

I wish I had saved a jar of all the embedded objects I've pulled out of
tires over the years!

My winner is a screwdriver that embedded itself in the outside dual on a
trailer. The handle was a little scuffed but it was still usable.

We won't go into bicycle tires. I hate goathead thorns and any place the
damn thing grow.