Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to tell "Cutting Oil" from "Lubricating Oil"

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:34:20 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
.. .

My "rawhide wrench" has turned ito "fine kid leather" over the years
since I stopped wrenching full-time, but one look at my hands and
it's
obvious they've worked for a living sometime in their life - - -. A
closer look finds a few fingertips wider than the rest, as well as
scar tissue on knuckles, as well as a few good scars from cuts - and
more recently the displacement of joints due to arthritis - - -

We were discussing hard-working hands over Thanksgiving dinner, after
my sister became annoyed that the men were handling bowls she had
warned us were hot. Are you also ambidextrous and able to pick up a
bowl of oven-hot food?

I'm definitely ambidextrous, but no longer oven-safe. I've lost a lot
of callus over the past year+, since retiring.

-- Sir Winston Churchill