Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On 02/19/2018 03:50 PM, ultred ragnusen wrote:
Same with repairing a puncture, where we all have successfully plugged a
hole from the outside with the rope plugs, which aren't approved by the RMA
but we all know that method to work just fine.

Royal Music Association? I've had good luck with the common rope plugs,
including on an almost new motorcycle tire. I rode home slowly but
without any exciting events. A few more short trips without any
disasters and I forgot about it. It did develop a slow leak by the time
the tire was worn enough to be replaced.

I now carry Dynaplug kits on both bikes that have tubeless tires. Knock
on wood, I have not had to field test them. On a bike you don't have the
option of getting out the spare (unless you ride a Ural with a sidecar)
so roadside repairs are a necessity. Speaking from experience, plugging
a tubeless tire is a lot easier than breaking down a tubed tire and
patching the tube while the bike is propped up on whatever you can find.