Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rosie the riveter's lathe?

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:10:16 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

First, that Tiny URL I posted above doesn't seem to work. That's the
first time that's ever happened for me. Tiny URL seems to have a
problem with the full URL. Here's the full one:

https://www.gettyimages.com/pictures...re-id515383728

It's physically possible that it's set up to cut a keyway, but I
still
don't believe the setup. It's an awful kludge. And if it's intended
cut splines, how is she indexing it? Finally, if that's figured out,
hope she's not in a hurry -- it's not like there was a war going on
or
something. g

I didn't find an exact match, but what's called a "slotting machine"
seems to be close. Here are a few examples:

https://www.resale.info/en/stanko-7-...l/No-123348639

https://www.worldmach.com/metal-proc...g-machine.html

http://www.planomiller.co.in/elite-s...e-4047350.html

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-industri...30910191110509

They seem to be making them yet in many sizes...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

I thought so too, but searching for images of slotters quickly
consumed my meager daily ration of 3G wireless 'broadband' and dialup
is impractical for pictures.

The clapper box looks like a shaper's. The knee appears to rest on the
floor, though.

I have to agree that the photo doesn't quite make sense from the
available information.
-jsw